Horse Training and Horsemanship
Horsemanship is more than horse training. It also means caring for the welfare of the horse and forming a deep connection with it. Connection happens when the intention and action of human and horse are united. Horse and handler understand each other perfectly and are each doing their part in any situation. Sometimes, when the horse acts differently than expected, it is assumed to have behaviour issues. We have all heard of the horse that bucks, bolts, or rears for “no reason”. While there are unmanageable horses out there, they are few and far between. Most often the issue is that the human handler has not noticed and responded appropriately to something the horse has been trying to communicate to them. This usually happens because the human handler does not understand horses as well as they could.
Having a meaningful relationship with horses can be very gratifying. They have the capacity to connect you to the real world. I offer basic horsemanship coaching, equine facilitated mindfulness. In Horse Talk I post about horses and about what they have taught me about being a good person.
Come give it a try. Your first session is always complimentary.
Learn basic safe horse handling skills that lead to connection with your horse and a relationship founded on mutual trust and respect – Read More
Learn more about yourself and the world we live in by connecting to the horses amazing present moment awareness of the natural world – Read More
- Horses are Therapeutic – Anna DKI had such an incredible experience. Brendon is so knowledgeable and engaging, I could listen to his wisdom for […]
- Eternally Grateful – Ed BabineauI met Brendon through yoga at his studio. I found him knowledgeable, helpful, and understanding. Last year I suffered […]
- More Than I Expected! – Katie McVetyI stumbled upon the Equine Mindfulness Program and was not entirely sure what I had gotten myself into when […]
- Horses are Mindful! – Dr Patricia ConroyBrendon has developed an excellent Equine Facilitated Mindfulness program. It showcases a deep understanding of horsemanship and mindfulness. He […]
- A Wonderful Learning Experience – Jenny LynnI’ve learned so much about horsemanship and mindfulness through this course. Brendon and Danny were wonderful teachers and I […]